Tuesday, December 5, 2017

When Your World Falls Apart!

Sometimes things don't go to plan! I have been planning my future for years. When my friend and partner and I retired we would buy a house in Spain and a caravan for summer months in England when the climate became too hot. The day came when we found a beautiful 3 bedroom house where we spent last winter.

What a mild winter, beautiful sunny beaches, virtually deserted, sand and sea stretching for miles. Meals on the patio it was all great. Then disaster struck I tripped and fell when walking and fractured my knee. In time this healed and we returned to our caravan in England where we were enjoying gardening and more sunny days. My desire to ovoid cold winters was a success.

Disaster number 2... I fell down some steps landing on my head on concrete and knocked myself out plus a spinal fracture. My injuries healed but I was left with constant nausea and dizziness. Vertigo, possibly caused by inner ear crystals becoming misplaced. This usually corrects itself in a few weeks but 15 months later I am still suffering. Many many, many visits to the doctor and trying different medication had not helped.

Disaster number 3... Winter in a caravan can be very cold and I had my third fall slipping on ice. This was a compounded by my partner deciding he would rather live on his own and leaving for Spain. Who can blame him I haven't been very good company for the past year, my disposition has certainly become very negative. It's not much fun living with vertigo for what feels like a lifetime, feeling you are walking about on a boat at sea, including the nausea! Being unwell and incapacitated for so long isn't fun!

I therefore moved to my daughters to share a 2 bedroom house with her and daughter. A very generous offer, but yes at 76 I have become a grumpy sofa surfer! As yet the house in Spain hasn't sold, I no longer want to live there as that is where the slippery slope started and my life began its downward tumble. I guess the uncertainty of Brexit is compounding the issues we have had few viewings. Fingers crossed the summer may bring some eager searchers, who will buy a lovely house only a short walk to the beach!

More problems, my elderly mother suffered 4 falls in two days and had to go into care, which she is very unhappy about, but sadly none of the family have suitable accommodation to care for her.

What a year! I have hit rock bottom this winter, where do I go from here. My good luck seems to have temporally run out. After 75 years of great health, despite being born in the war years 3 months premature I have been extremely lucky and find the current ill-health very difficult to deal with. When my vertigo is bad I cannot wear glasses without making my nausea worse, so I cannot read do crosswords or use my laptop, which explains my sudden lack of articles over recent months.

However with the better weather I am getting out in the garden which is great but if anyone reading this has a solution for vertigo I would be delighted to hear about it. I have tried the "Eply Manoeuvre" to no avail. Meanwhile its time to begin to rebuild my life. Look out for my journey out of depression and back into the work I love - Internet Marketing!

The Saga ends happily 18 months later, I am over Vertigo at last, my Mother has a lovely little flat in a retirement community. My partner has returned from spain, the house is sold and as now I am well again and able to use my laptop, I can I hope bring my business back to life.

So any one suffering ill-health and hard times, keep strong and keep smiling times could be better soon. My thoughts are with you!

Hello My name is Anne

Time for me now to get back to what I love - my internet business, now I'm feeling better



Article Source: EzineArticles

No comments:

Post a Comment