Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Things I Hope My Nephew Knows While Growing Up

To my nephew,

From the moment you were born, I have loved you more than life itself. In fact, I didn't know I was capable of loving something so much that didn't even belong to me. You've taught me time and time again what love really is. I have had the opportunity to watch you grown into the kind, loving little boy you are today. You still have some growing up to do, but here are some things I hope you learn along the way.

I hope you never forget how much your family loves you. You brightened our worlds the moment you entered them. Let's start with your Mom and dad, they love you more than anything in this world. I've watched your dad go from a tough guy to the dad who sneaks you candy after mommy says no. You always get so mad at mommy but she does it because she loves you so much. She is trying to teach you that we don't always get everything we want in life, but that it's okay. Oh, your brother. He picks on you so much, but that's just what brothers do. I grew up with your daddy and uncles who picked on me just as much.. It is a brother's way of telling you they love you. You two won't always see eye to eye, but he will always have your back. Your whole family is a little bit crazy, but we do have one thing in common. We all love you so much.

I want you to know that I will always be there for you, no matter what. There will be times when you don't want to tell your mom and dad things, and in those times I want you to know that you can come to me. I will always have an ear to listen. You will always be able to depend on me. I'm not perfect and I will make mistakes but I will do the best that I can for you. Never, ever forget that.

Always be a stand up guy. You have such a sweet heart and even at the age of two, you would do anything for anyone. Never grow out of that, no matter what anyone says. You are so kind, show people kindness in everything you do. Always be the man, walk away from fights (and you will have plenty in high school). Be a friend to anyone who needs it. Give second chances and love with all you have. People like you will change the world someday, I'm sure of it.

Last but not least, I don't want you to ever settle. Never settle for less than you deserve. Life is short and you will learn just how quickly it goes by. Always believe in yourself. Do well in school, go to the college of your dreams. Apply for that job. Travel the world, go on amazing adventures! Take risks, even if they seem scary. You deserve the world, never let anyone tell you otherwise.

You are one amazing kid, I hope you get everything you have ever wanted in life.

Love,

Your Aunt



Article Source: EzineArticles

No comments:

Post a Comment